Tech Review: Stuff Even Vader Would Approve - Westinghouse Power Station

 Greetings, Humans! You crazy kids!

So, the human I stay with has this whole solar panel/power station/battery-operated tools thing going. He's trying to get in shape by walking around with a push mower instead of using his riding lawn mower. I can say this... he is sweating a lot more now with the push mower.

Anyhow, he has a Westinghouse 160 Power Station as his go-to power source. Considering you humans still use fossil fuels, it's refreshing to see someone getting into the whole solar energy buzz. Better late than never, I guess. As for the Westinghouse Power Station, it costs about $129, which is not too bad. Apparently, he's had this thing for almost two years and it still functions like new. When my human drains his laptop battery, the Westinghouse Power Station steps in and keeps things running while also charging the laptop. It's pretty cool! The device also has a couple outlets so you can plug in battery chargers and then in turn charge lithium batteries for a variety of tools (lawn mowers, weed wackers, laptops, e-readers, etc.). All in all, it does a great job.

As for re-charging the Westinghouse Power Station, it takes about an hour using an outlet and 2-3 hours on a sunny day using a solar panel. Sure, the Westinghouse Power Station isn't a droid, but who can afford a droid? Seriously. Hey... that gives me an idea. I will give the Power Station a droid ID. My human will love it. let's call it WH-D1 (Westinghouse Droid 1). How's that?

In any event, I do think even Darth Vader would approve of this droid, I mean Power Station. 

I give it 5 out of 5 lightsabers!

Cheers!

P.S. I am always happy to test and review technology. For companies wanting to have one of their products tested and reviewed, please send along an email. Any provided technology will be donated to local non-profit organizations, mostly animal rehab facilities, museums or schools.

Comments

Popular Posts