Red's New Ride: The Original Darth Vader Tie Fighter


I'm confused. People are actually checking out this blog! That is so cool! You all rock! Anywho... I've had a wishlist throughout life, and I started to create it before I was 10 years of age. The list isn't actually very long, and there are a few items I know are pie-in-the-sky dreams including the 4-door Cutlass Supreme from 1983. I really miss that car. Moving on. At the top of the list, and one of the first things on the list, is the 1978 Darth Vader Tie Fighter made by Kenner. My parents worked hard to get me the regular tie fighter. I did not ask for the Darth Vader tie... it was just something I hoped I would eventually be able to get. Yet, time went on, and I never got one. Until now!

Ebay, again, to the rescue. I found a reasonably priced one, missing only one of the wing struts, andordered it. It arrived and is in decent shape. The light even works. As for the missing strut? I found one of those on Ebay, too. That arrives this weekend. Another thing off the wish list. It needs new stickers, which I plan to order (repros of the stickers). Getting vintage stickers is more of an expense than I can afford. In any event, Darth Vader's tie from 1978 is in the house!



Comments

Popular Posts