Why So Blue, Chum? Blue Snaggletooth's Dilemma

 All right, first off... don't feel bad for the Blue Snaggletooth! He's fine (just see my interview with him to see how fine he is). As a reminder, in the glorious 1970s (we're talking late 70s here), someone made a slipup. Working off a black and white photo of my torso, apparently, a toy designer created an action figure of me that was 'blue' and 'tall'. Dumbass. I think the height thing is what hurts the most, but whatever.

This blue wonderboy soon became a huge celebrity. Why? Because he was a mistake, and Kenner or Sears or someone stopped his production when they realized the snafu, the blue snaggletooth became an instant collector's item. Seriously... check out Ebay.  See how much this blue twit goes for. No, I'm not bitter. Maybe a little jealous. Moving on.

Now, here's where things get funny. Nowadays, humans have access to all manner of technology including 3D printers and such. So, there are individuals building FAKE blue snaggletooth action figures. So unless you bought a blue snaggletooth with the 1970s Cantina playset listed in Sears catalog, be careful what you pay for.

My human friend and blog editor, went out and purchased a fake one for use of this story. We wanted to hear directly from a blue snaggletooth to get their perspective on life on earth and his celebrity status. His responses to interview questions was... enlightening.

Red Snaggletooth (RS): "So... you're a blue snaggletooth?"

Blue Snaggletooth (BS): "Seriously? That's your first question?"

RS: "I could do without the snarky attitude, thank you. Just answer the stupid frakking question for the record."

BS: "Yes, I'm a blue snaggletooth."

RS: "Now, as we all know, the blue snaggletooth was a mistake, and you, yourself, are a fake of that mistake. Correct?"

BS: "Yep?"

RS: "Does it bother you at all knowing you were a mistake and are in fact a contemporary replica of that mistake? I mean, you fakes go for just a few bucks on Ebay, if I'm not mistaken."

BS: "Doesn't bother me in the least. You do realize I'm a toy, an action figure, right?"

RS: "Let me ask the questions, please."

BS: "Sorry."

RS: "Do you think fake versions of the blue snaggletooth are being passed off as authentic blue snaggletooth action figures?"

BS: "Dude, that's basic Business 101. Sell! Sell! Sell! Buy for a little and sell for a lot! You bet your tauntaun ass there are likely people making knockoff blue snaggletooths and selling them for a mean profit."

RS: "Doesn't that make you feel a bit... guilty?"

BS: "What the frak! It's not like I'm the one out there making copies of myself and selling them on Ebay! You do get that I'm a toy, right. I don't have an Ebay account or a 3D printer, or anything else. Usually I sit quietly on a shelf minding my own business. Except for days when you come by and bug me."

RS: "Got it... you're a soulless tool." [blue snaggletooth giggles]. "Something funny?"

BS: "Kinda. Being interviewed, even for a smalltime blog like yours, makes me kinda, sorta a celebrity. I never heard of a blue snaggletooth giving an interview for anyone or any media outlet. You made me into a celebrity. Thanks!"

RS: "Aw crap!"

*** Star Wars  fans... have you seen the new action figures from the Kenobi Series? Check out Brian's Toys, Dallas Vintage Toys, and Entertainment Earth for great Star Wars stuff!

https://www.brianstoys.com/

https://www.dallasvintagetoys.com/

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/

Comments

Popular Posts