Red Snaggletooth: Why I am So Blue

 Greetings humans and miscellaneous creatures currently enduring the rigors of existence on Asluc (or the planet you humans call 'Earth')?

So, here we are in 2022. STAR WARS came out in 1977 with the SW Holiday special not long after. You all have had 40 flippin years to figure things out, and yet STILL... I get no love. The Blue Snaggletooth was a... wait for it... MISTAKE!!!!!

You see, Kenner designers went to create a 'Snaggletooth' action figure based off of a black & white photograph that apparently only showed my torso and head. What the Frak!!! As you can imagine, mistakes ensued. I am short and wear red jumpsuits. The tall, blue snaggletooth, however, is the initial action figure developed and sold. Then, when designers realized their mistake, they quickly switched the designs so future action figures better reflected me. This is where things get really annoying. You see, because the blue snaggletooth was only produced for a limited time, it's considered a rare collector's piece which means those things are worth big money on Ebay. We're talking hundreds of dollars compared to often less than $50 for the more correct versions - you know, the action figures that actually look like me. Talk about adding insult to injury.

Now, a fun fact is that markets are now flooded with reproduction blue snaggletooths. You know... fakes! So, what's real and what's repro? Who cares. Well, some people care as they possibly purchased a fake Blue Snaggletooth.

Now, to confuse matters further, there were the eventual additions of names. Oh boy! Forget Zutton, Takeel or Zutmore. Just call me Red.

Now, having lived with embarrassment at being relegated to the 'forgotten' amongst the Original Trilogy characters, I thought I would provide Star Wars fans with a view of my world and interactions with other Star Wars characters. You see, I am an investigator. I like to learn about things and fellow creatures populating this wonderful universe. So sit back, listen up and learn something about me and other characters. Sound good?

P.s. Oh, yeah I had boots in the movie, but I prefer to go barefoot. The designers at Kenner were nice and granted my toes to be free of faux leather wrappings. FYI – I love the Hobbit look, too!

BTW - Since you've all been great - here's a photo of a restored 1979 Millenium Falcon! Funny thing, while I was able to get all vintage parts to replace, well everything, I couldn't get an original box. Instead I have acquired the vintage box of the Empire Strikes Back Falcon. Cheers, Humans!!!!



Comments

Popular Posts