So Many Hats... I mean Helmets... and will someone get a damn tape measure!!!

 Well, Halloween is right around the corner... and I'm screwed. I thought... maybe I will dress up as a stormtrooper or, better yet, Boba Fett! Sound good, right? I know... I'm right. Now, early on, a fan of Harrison Ford and, by default, Han Solo, I rejoiced when Fett went into the Sarlacc pit. Wait, did I spell 'Sarlacc' right? Moving on. We then have Disney take over things and do, well as Disney does, and we had a motely of great stuff and, well to put it bluntly, crap.

I'm not here to nitpick. Some things were great and some things not so great. It happens. Then comes along the tutor from the movie 'Rudy' - Jon Favreau. I related well to his 'Rudy' character... a tutor with no luck with women. Anyway, Mr. Favreau is... wait, what's the phrase I'm looking for? Oh yeah! He is 'AWESOMENESS PERSONIFIED"!!!! Dude, I got to get my human to dedicate a book to Mr. Favreau.

OK, I'm getting sidetracked. Sorry. Mr. Favreau has made things in Marvel and Star Wars absolutely RADICAL (Dude, I'm from the 70s and 80s... we say radical a lot... sorry). This amazing writer, actor, and producer brought us masterpieces including The Mandolorian and The Book of Boba Fett. Now, there are some who have been a bit critical of The Book of Fett. Me... I loved it, and now Fett is cool! So, Boba Fett seemed like the lead for my choice of cosplays/costumes. I figured Blue Snaggletooth could join me as a stormtrooper. Helmets ordered. Little problem. We got big heads.

Our friend, a rebel trooper from the opening scene of 'A New Hope', Came along for the photo. I'm thinkin 3D printer moving forward to make custom helmets. In the mean time... at what point did Star Wars introduce baseball caps???? Seriously! The rebel trooper came with the helmet we all saw in 1977/78, but he also came with a baseball cap. What the frak?! So, I take it there are baseball leagues in the Star Wars universe. Or... maybe it's not a galaxy so far away. The nice thing about the baseball cap is that it actual fit me... sort of. See below. OK, I'm off to figure out my costume and future cosplay.




Comments

Popular Posts