HOLY CRAP! It's been months! Did I mention I'm now a Sith?

 Where has the time gone? Oh yeah... work and other blogs. My bad. Anyway... I've spiced things up in my absence. I am pursuing a new role. I am portraying a Snaggletooth Sith named Darth Carodon. Carodon comes from the Latin name for the great white shark (my studies include sharks). I actually even wrote a short story and sent it to Disney. Still waiting to hear back. Surely they will be calling shortly. Do you like my outfit? The cloak is from one of Dad's shirts while the mask is from  the G.I. Joe action figure 'Mutt'.


The lightsaber I got off Ebay from someone who makes custom sabers for action figures. Now, as for the intrepid little Sith we have here, I am keeping things under wraps for now (I know my chances of Disney higherups seeing it and accepting it are... let's just say 'incredibly remote'. Not IMPOSSIBLE... but I'm not holding my breath. As for the next short story for Darth Carodon... he is going to start with meeting a fellow "hidden" Sith and building his own starfighter. He repairs a shot-up Y-wing. Was actually able to get a Vintage 1983 Y-wing for pretty cheap on Ebay... minus the engine extensions. I'm working that into the story. The exercise of exploring the motivations of a Sith lord are fascinating from the point that I find a lot of connections between Darth Carodon and the wizard Crarnock from PEOPLE OF THE SWORD. For me, so-called 'villains' usually are scarred, and the scarring is what drove them to the Dark Side. The story and the Snaggletooth character inspired me to research the Snaggletooth species from Star Wars, which is something I had not done. I was intrigued to find the species has a rich history in Canon, particularly about their love of the arts.

Well, as tomorrow begins my busy season at work, I imagine I will not be able to write a lot so working on a sequel to 'Darth Carodon' will be hard to do (especially since I have one book on its final stages to publishing and a sequel to another book that needs attention. What I do plan to do is beginning posting images here of my Star Wars collection, which really developed during COVID. Lots of Vintage action figures with a few ships thrown in. Yes... that includes 2 Millennium Falcons. In any event, I hope everyone has a great July. As a parting note, below is a pic of the Y-wing. Cheers.



Comments

Popular Posts